Fw: DailyOM: Staying Conscious
Sistah's United for Change
"Making your dreams happen takes endurance and imagination. It means using your fears and frustrations as the fuel for your transformation"-Monique Greenwood
--- On Mon, 8/1/11, DailyOM <today@...> wrote:
From: DailyOM <today@...>
Subject: DailyOM: Staying Conscious
Date: Monday, August 1, 2011, 9:57 AM
DailyOM - Staying Grounded in a Big City or Busy World Today's DailyOM brought to you by:
August 1, 2011
Staying Grounded in a Big City or Busy World
For a more grounded life, choose not to get caught up in the fast-paced world around you.
1. Live simply and live deliberately. By choosing not to get caught up in the details of this fast-paced world, you are doing your part to slow down. You will discover that you have more time to enjoy being alive.
2. Stay in touch with yourself. Soul searching, meditation, and journaling are just a few of the many activities you can take part in to stay aware and learn as much as you can about your emotions, reactions, likes, dislikes, dreams, and fears. Having a solid sense of self gives you a firm foundation for living in this world.
3. Support or teach others as often as you can. This can help you form connections with people while also giving you an opportunity to make the world a better place.
4. Consciously choose what you will allow into your being. The media bombards us with visions of hate, war, and pain. Be judicious about what you read, watch, and listen to.
5. Acknowledge the beauty that resides around you. Whether you live in a sprawling metropolis or a stereotypical suburb, there are natural and man-made wonders just waiting to be discovered by you.
6. Nurture your ties to your tribe. If you don’t have one, create a community that you can belong to. Modern life can be isolating. When you have a tribe, you have a circle that you are a part of. Its members – loved ones, friends, or neighbors - can be a source of support, caring, guidance, and companionship.
7. See the larger picture. Remember the way that you choose to live is not the only way to live. Widen your perspective by exploring other modes of being through research, travel, and discussion.
8. Embrace the challenges that life presents to you, and challenge yourself often. After a time, even the most exciting jobs or lifestyles can seem routine. Never stop assimilating new knowledge about whatever you are doing, and your life will never seem dull.
9. Move your body. In this busy world, it can be easy to live a sedentary life. Movement reacquaints us with our bodies and connects us to the earth in a visceral way. It also restores our vitality.
10. Make time for stillness, silence, and solitude. The world can be noisy, and we are subject to all kinds of noises nearly every waking hour. We are also often “on the go” and unable to relax. Being alone in a peaceful place and making time for quiet can help you stay in touch with yourself.
Top 10 DailyOM Courses:
1. Manifest Your Soulmate
2. Shape Shift to Your Best Body Ever
3. Make Yourself a Money Magnet
4. Master the Path of the Peaceful Warrior
5. Find True Love in 27 Days
6. Reinventing The Body, Resurrecting the Soul
7. Heal Your Money Karma
8. Falling in Love with Yourself
9. Angelic Infusions: Live the Truth of Who You Are
10. Be Free from Unhealthy Relationships
What do you think?
Discuss this article and share your opinion
Share the OM:
Email this to a friend Printable version Save in My DailyOM Discuss this article Deal of the Day:
Living in the Light [book]
by Shakti Gawain
$6.48 Buy Now
(Price for this week only)
Reinventing The Body, Resurrecting the Soul
by Deepak Chopra
Mastering the Art of Positive Intention
by Maria Francesca Triliegi
From the Library:
The Way of the Happy Woman
by Sara Avent Stover
Home | Gift Shop | My DailyOM | Marketplace | Community | Archives | Share The OM | Contact Us
Make DailyOM Your Homepage | Link To Us | Publish DailyOM On Your Website
© 2004-2011 DailyOM - All Rights Reserved
No portion of this site can be reprinted without express permission
Artwork by Wang Chang-Ming
Subscribed as beautaufulfemme[at]yahoo.com