Message Options on BES

  • Ackerman,Ralph
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 21, 2005

      Due to HIPAA requirements, they want email that is older than 30 days old to be removed from the handheld.  I know if you go to the messages, options, general options, there is a setting that you can change Keep Messages 15, 30, 60, 90(days), Forever.  Question:  Can this be sent down to the handheld via policy or does it need to be changed on each handheld.  We are on 3.6.3.8  I did not find it in the policy anywhere.  Is it available on 4.0 as a policy option?

      Thanks in advance.

      Ralph

    • Brett A. Woodvine
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 24, 2005
        I just scanned the policy options on 4.0 and did not
        see it.

        Brett

        > Message: 1
        > Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:33:15 -0500
        > From: "Ackerman,Ralph" <rackerma@...>
        > Subject: Message Options on BES
        >
        > Due to HIPAA requirements, they want email that is
        > older than 30 days old to
        > be removed from the handheld. I know if you go to
        > the messages, options,
        > general options, there is a setting that you can
        > change Keep Messages 15, 30,
        > 60, 90(days), Forever. Question: Can this be sent
        > down to the handheld via
        > policy or does it need to be changed on each
        > handheld. We are on 3.6.3.8 I
        > did not find it in the policy anywhere. Is it
        > available on 4.0 as a policy
        > option?
        >

        > Thanks in advance.
        >

        > Ralph

        I'm offended by political jokes. Too often they get elected.
        Brett Woodvine
        bawoodvine@...
        http://www.brett.cx