Enterprise activation failing at 11%

  • Ben
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
      Anyone seen this? We are in the process of moving from
      a Domino to an Exchange environment. We are running
      BES for Exchange 4.1.2.25. Only about 15 BlackBerry
      devices have been switched over, but over the past
      week, 4 of those have all stalled at 11% (and one at
      88%). I'm waiting back from T-Support on their
      thoughts, but wanted to see if anyone else experienced
      similar issues. Its strange that almost all of the
      devices we activated with on the Exchange BES went
      fine and these last few are so troublesome. It is
      likely the issue is corrupt calendar entries, but
      again, its strange at the timing.

      Any help welcomed!

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Budd, Churton
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2007
        We just went through a similar migration from Groupwise to Exchange....  Same thing... stalls at about 11%.

        What we did to make this more reliable is we did is make sure before we did a migration, we sent a default security policy with no rules...  The wipe of the device does NOT remove the security policy.  There seems to be a conflidt sometimes with the policy from one BES to another.

        There was a database cleanup utility on the Exchange BES.  I am not sure if this was something that came from RIM after the fact or was there by default as a utility... but when we run this cleanup, it seems to fix things and the device activates the next time arround....

        So the steps for success were.

        1) push a default security policy before migration
        2) remove the user from the BES if they are there (we do this for replacement device activations also)
        3) wipe the device
        4) run the database cleanup utility to remove all traces of the user on the BES (if they were there before)
        5) do an activation

        Anyone seen this? We are in the process of moving from
        a Domino to an Exchange environment. We are running
        BES for Exchange 4.1.2.25. Only about 15 BlackBerry
        devices have been switched over, but over the past
        week, 4 of those have all stalled at 11% (and one at
        88%). I'm waiting back from T-Support on their
        thoughts, but wanted to see if anyone else experienced
        similar issues. Its strange that almost all of the
        devices we activated with on the Exchange BES went
        fine and these last few are so troublesome. It is
        likely the issue is corrupt calendar entries, but
        again, its strange at the timing.

        Any help welcomed!

        Do You Yahoo!?
        http://mail. yahoo.com

      • Ben
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 12, 2007
          Thanks! We had a generic Default Policy to begin with,
          so that was not a problem. It was strange that only a
          few users had this problem, which ultimately was fixed
          by Deleting and Undeleting the Desktop[SYNC] Service
          Book. I was told by RIM that 11% is a sign that it is
          synching the calendar and 88% is synching the contacts
          (as I recall). The service Book seemed to resolve the
          issue.

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com