9788Gyrfalcon reports

    Jan 29, 2014

      Two e-mails were sent in the past two days to the Yakima Audubon e-mail address reporting Gyrfalcons in our area.

      The first, which was photographed, was in the Yakima Canyon. I have asked the women for a specific location.

      The second was in the Moxee area. The attached photo did not make come through, so I have asked for it to be sent again and for the specific location.

      There is a report of a Gyrfalcon seen on Brownstown Road between W. Wapato Road and Evens Road that was discussed at the YVAS meeting last week. It was without substantiating details.

      So keep your eyes open and your binos close as you drive around.

      Denny Granstrand

      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA
      dgranstrand AT gmail.com