9778Last few weeks sightings

  • magicman32@rocketmail.com
    Jan 26, 2014
      Hey all,

      Just thought I'd share a few sightings that I haven't gotten around to posting yet. Around my house there's been a Spotted Sandpiper, a Hairy Woodpecker, and continuing birds like the Greater Yellowlegs and Turkeys. This morning there was a Great Egret hunting in the slough. Last weekend, we drove up to Okanogan county for the long weekend and along the way stopped above Priest Rapids dam and at the Desert Aire boat launch, where very calm waters allowed me to see across to the Yakima county side. Highlights were both Scaup, Ruddy Duck, Common Loon, Horned and Western Grebe, and Ring-billed Gull. I haven't been able to get out much since then, but I believe we will be going up to the mountains today, so another report may be coming.

      Happy birding!

      Eric
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic