10142Re: [BirdYak] Western Tanager

  • Scott Downes
    Jul 30, 2014
      I think there has been some post-breeding dispersal happening. I've heard one tanager around our house this week in Yakima and saw a female tanager at WDFW headquarters in Yakima today eating berries during lunch. This happens by many species after their breeding attempt but before southward migration.

      Scott Downes
      Yakima Wa

      On Jul 30, 2014, at 5:21 PM, "moonax@... [BirdYak]" <BirdYak@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I noticed in yesterdays Bird Alert that  someone had seen one in Sunnyside. I was also very surprised yesterday to see a pretty male eating berries in a little Mulberry tree that I have.  Couldn't believe seeing one this time of year.

      Phyllis - east of Grandview

      PS Our resident Swainsons Hawks fledged in the last week.  Looks like 3 babies again this year. Parents must be good hunters.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic