10137RE: [BirdYak] Wenas Lake Pectoral and Solitary Sandpiper

  • Jeff Kozma
    Jul 28, 2014

      I stopped by Wenas Lake this afternoon after running into Kevin and Rich this morning and they told me about the Pectoral and Solitary sandpipers.  I walked down the boat ramp and found the mud area they were referring too in earlier posts.  In 20 minutes of viewing I tallied a diversity of shorebirds that included, 2 Solitary Sandpipers, 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 1 Least Sandpiper, 1 Pectoral Sandpiper, 1 Greater Yellowlegs, 1 Long-billed Dowitcher, and 1 Killdeer.

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima (Terrace Heights)