Reminder - MBwC BirdWalk, Sunday, 07 Jan 07

  • Mumbai BirdWatchers' Club
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi ,
      Happy new year to all.
      The details regarding BirdWalk under the aegis of the
      MumbaiBirdwatchers Club on Sunday, 07 Jan 2007 at Karnala are give
      below.
      Looking fwd to enthusiastic participation from many Mumbai Birders.

      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

      Sunday, 07 Jan 2007

      Karnala Bird Sanctuary.

      Meeting time - 0700 hrs at the Ticket booth on the Main Road.

      Other Details - Depending on the numbers, we will split into small
      groups of about 5-6 persons, each led by an experienced birder. After
      birding, we will again assemble at 1030 hrs to exchange notes about
      the day's sightings. Those keen may also thereafter, proceed together
      for a contributory breakfast at the newly opened Kamat's Restaurant,
      at the outskirts of the Karnala Bird Sanctuary, about 02 KMs drive
      towards Panvel. With the onset of the breeding season for the resident
      birds, Karnala promises to be nice and MBwC will try and cover this
      site once every month till the monsoons.

      Transportation – – By personal cars. In our endeavour to ensure that
      maximum birders are able to go out to watch birds at far-flung birding
      hotspots of the city, we recommend car-pooling between members,
      preferably on fuel cost sharing basis. While confirming participation
      request also indicate your transportation means, area of residence and
      contact telephone. If traveling in your own car, please do indicate if
      any spare capacity is available. Those without cars may also intimate
      their requirements and we will try and coordinate, as far as possible,
      with others who may have spare capacity.

      Registration – Required. Between 1-5 Jan by email to
      mumbaibirdwatchers@...

      Kanwar B Singh
      Coordinator,
      Mumbai BirdWatchers Club