visiting birder from UK

  • paul.bamford@bt.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2006
      Hi,

      I will be in Mumbai over the weekend and was wondering if there are any
      organised bird watching meetings or trips or does anyone have a spare
      seat in a car who is going out.

      many thanks

      Paul Bamford

    • parag damle
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2006
        hi paul
        I am parag damle and this weekend i am going to airoli creek. If ur
        intrested u can join me.
        My cell no is 9833189749. I stay at Mulund. where r u staying in mumbai?

        Note: my cell will be switched off in day time as in our ofice cell phones
        are not allowed.
        U can contact me in the evening after 7:00 P.M.

        Regards
        Parag

        On 11/1/06, paul.bamford@... <paul.bamford@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I will be in Mumbai over the weekend and was wondering if there are any
        > organised bird watching meetings or trips or does anyone have a spare
        > seat in a car who is going out.
        >
        > many thanks
        >
        > Paul Bamford

      • Rajesh Sachdev
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
          Trip report to SGNP on 06/11/06
          Hye guys,
          Another monday to Shri Shri Shri Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Great sightings, although his was very hot day even at 8 in the morning. But this is what i was expecting after rainfall in previous night.I started my day at 05.00 am left my home took train to thane and from thane bus to Borivli. I won`r reveal any info on my lion safari report, because the last report put me in trouble. I was called up by several concerned officers and enviormentalist, with diffrent quistions. Let me add up new birds whome i saw today in the morning.
          1) Black Drongo - (15-20) times
          2) Rose Ringed Parakeets - (20-25) times
          3) Brown Headed Barbett
          4) Little Cormorant (10-11) times
          5) Immature Black Crowned Night Heron
          6) Little Egret
          7) Small Blue Kingfisher
          8) White Breasted Water Hen
          9) Indian Roller
          10)Grey Headed Starling
          11)Long Tailed Minivet (2 Females)
          12) Chitals - not ofcourse birds
          13) three stripped Squirell

          that's all

          regards & thanks

          rajesh SACHDEV
          rajesh_sachdev@...
          ameyarajesh@...
          Cell.: 9324035310

        • Adesh Shivkar
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
            Hi Rajesh,

            Long Tailed Minivets are out of range for our region.....it should be most
            probably Scarlet Minivet female.

            Do keep sharing your exciting reports :))

            Cheers!!
            Adesh