http://www.delhibird.net/ October 2005

  • Nik
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005
      Hi
      October Bird of the Month <http://www.delhibird.net/> is up with Job Joseph
      doing a nice writeup on Pratincoles. Our thanks to the following
      photographers for the pictures - Clement Francis, Sujan Chatterjee, Sumit
      Sen, Anand Arya, Alister Benn, Aurélien Audevard, Theodosis Mamais without
      which the it would not have been the same.
      The New Mystery Bird is up everybody have a go, no punishment for wrong
      answers. The September mystery Bird was tried by 69 people out of which 90
      percent were correct - yes it was indeed a Ballion's Crake. Even the ones
      who missed the mark were at least right to get the Crake. Some discerning
      birders have used habitat to hone in on the id. From the hat the winner is
      Nitu Sethi. She may please contact Bikram for the prize.
      October is here and the migrants are already returning.... Sultanpur had got
      Garganey, Shoveller, Common Teal, a couple of Pintails. Basai is getting
      ready for a good season of Wader Watch with the fields overflowing from a
      good monsoon and the waders already arriving.
      We had Bill visiting us in September putting the final touches to the Atlas.
      delhibirders did a short trip to Sur Sarovar. Bharatpur holds the promise of
      a great winter not seen in 5 years and delhibird plans to visit this month.
      Nighjarring in the Gurgoan area continues to be productive. More
      delhibirders went out at night and found the Savanna Nighjars. The maximum
      count of the Nightjar flock is currenting at c42.
      Anand Arya has started a website for the Okhla Bird
      Park<http://www.okhlabirdpark.com/obp.html>which would have an online
      register and also a monthly summary report. Rajiv
      Lather started the Birding in India <http://www.birding.in/> website which
      is looking very promising.
      Ciao
      Nik