Pigeon nest update

  • zans_kar
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2002
      UPDATE ON PIGEON NESTS ON MY WINDOW SILL
      April 29, 2002
      One egg has disappeared, seems like it got predated by a house crow,
      which was trying to get to it several times and was shooed away by
      the Pigeon. This was the exposed nest. This bird is also very
      sensitive to our presence and flies away at the slightest approach.
      The one in the shoeflower pot is doing well and has the bird round
      the clock.

      April 30, 2002
      The second egg from the exposed nest also has disappeared and so has
      the bird. It seemed very obviously in the open, with no protective
      devise from the eyes of predators (thinking very anthropomorphically)
      it was doomed right from the beginning. Second nest is doing very
      well. All's safe and fine at 2200hrs.

      May 1, 2002
      In the Shoeflower pot nest, one egg has hatched into a yellowish
      coloured chick - it now shares its birthday with my dad! Shall be
      putting up the handicam from today or latest by tomorrow.

      Anand Pendharkar