Re: [mumbainaturalists] Powerlines, transmission towers and Birds

  • Shardul S. Bajikar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
      Hi all,

      Many a times at the sheikh quarry end of the SGNP., I
      have seen huge flock of raptors ussualy Black kites,
      whitebacked vultures, eagles, and many more flying
      above the 2-3 tall chimneys of the golden chemicals.

      Such flocks are largly seen in this area early in the
      day. Has this somthingh to do with the thermals that
      are generated from the heat the chimneys spew??

      Someone please put light on this.

      Cheers,
      Shardul S. Bajikar.

      =====
      "Only after the last tree has been cut down,
      only after the last river has been poisoned,
      only after the last fish has been caught.
      only then will you find
      that money cannot be eaten"
      (cree Indian Philosophy)

      http://greetings.yahoo.com