Sanctuary's Conservation news digest and a request for rapid responses

  • Bittu Sahgal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2001
      If you click on the following url, you will be able to view selected
      conservation news items that should be of interest to you:

      http://www.sanctuaryasia.com/newsinbrief_newsroom.html#official

      Such news often requires rapid responses by way of communications or action
      from concerned individuals and organisations. This Sanctuary is trying to
      encourage by way of campaigns, that are archived at:

      http://www.sanctuaryasia.com/campaigns.html

      I have two very specific requests:

      1. We would greatly appreciate quick and reliable information (particularly
      from journalists and wildlifers who get to know of 'news before it
      happens'). This should be sent directly to us at <sanctuary@...>
      (please quote the source. Ameen you have often been the first one to alert
      us to such news!)

      2. Please help local groups/campaigns by actually sending rapid responses to
      the different people / authorities in different states that have been
      identified -- to protest ill-advised and destructive steps that affect
      wildlife or wildlife areas; or to encourage those doing good work.

      Thanks in advance.

      Bittu
      ==

      Bittu Sahgal,