Morning With Birding Guru !!

  • Prathamesh Desai
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2013
      Hello Folks

      Summer Season is considered the slack season for Birding as the
      Migrants head back to their Breeding Grounds ,what remains is the Resident
      Species which are very much active in this time period with Male�s dressed
      in colourful and attractive plumage to attract their mates and their
      different behaviour pattern like Courtship display and others. In short
      Summer is the best time to explore Resident species.

      After a long time ,visited Karnala Bird Sanctuary which is
      located in Raigad District along with Birding Guru (My Guru) Adesh Shivkar
      Sir and other Birding Experts like Kiran Kadam ,Sunil Kadam ,Prashant Patil
      and newbie Abhijeet Brid .Birding with Adesh Sir has always been my
      Favourite ,with his great Birding Skills and knowledge ,the entire
      experience of Bird Watching becomes Magnificent. The entire trail was a
      flooded with lots and lots of Birding information along with few Call
      identification techniques and fun for sure .

      We started the Trail in Morning 7 AM followed the Famous
      Hariyal Trail ,the entire jungle was full with Cicada Calls ,with Orange
      Headed Thrush call ,Shama calling ,Whistle of Malabar Whistling Thrush ,
      Drongo and many more birds .We sighted more than 30 species of Birds
      throughout the Morning .Birds like Bronze Drongo ,Golden Fronted Leafbird
      ,Black Hooded Oriole ,Sunbird�s ,Iora ,Bulbul were very much active .

      Following Birds were sighted :

      Crested Serpent eagle.

      Crested Hawk Eagle.(Call Heard)

      Shikra.

      Yellow Footed Green Pigeon.

      Black Hooded Oriole.

      Golden Fronted Leafbird.

      White Browed Bulbul.

      Red Whiskered and Vented Bulbul.

      Brown Cheeked Fulvetta.

      Common Iora.

      Small Minivet.

      Common Woodshrike.

      Small Sunbird.

      Vigor�s Sunbird.

      Purple sunbird.

      Loten�s Sunbird.

      Brown Capped Pygmy Woodpecker.

      Black Rumped Flameback .(Call Heard)

      Malabar Whistling Thrush .(Call Heard)

      Orange Headed Thrush.

      Brown Headed Barbet.

      Tickell�s Blue Flyactcher.

      Black Naped Monarch.

      Black Rumped Shama.

      White Rumped Munia.

      Plum Headed Parakeet.

      Grey Breasted Prinia and Many more .

      I would Like to Thank Adesh Shivkar Sir for taking time out of his schedule
      and joining us for this Trail also would like to Thank Kiran Kadam ,Sunil
      Kadam ,Prashant Patil and Abhijeet Brid for being a Part of this Trail.

      --
      Regards
      Prathamesh Desai

      (https://www.facebook.com/prathamesh.s.desai)