Dombivli Birdrace 2013: Result Overview

  • KIRAN KADAM
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2013
      Hello Folks,

      On 20th January 2013,Nyass Trust along with KDMC has
      organized a

      Dombivli Bird Race 2012. This year was the Third year of Dombivli Bird
      Race. Lot's of Mumbaikar's and Dombivlikar's participated in the Race,
      making
      the race a successful event. A total of 23 Teams Participated in DBR 2013
      a good response was shown by the Birdwatchers and improvement in their
      birding skills made this day special. The judge panel included Mahesh
      Sabne, Saurabh Sawant, Mayuresh Khatavkar, Nikhil Bhople and Dr. Raju
      Kasambe with their
      Excellent Birding Knowledge and Experience encouraged us and lot others.

      The Winner of Dombivli Bird Race 2013 was Crowned to team
      Indian
      Vulture (Avinash Bhagat, Sushant More, Nikhil Sawant and Shubda K) with a
      bird count of 143, Second in throne was our Team Steppe Eagle (Kiran Kadam,
      Prathamesh Desai, Sunil Kadam, Prashant Patil and Pratik Prabhu) with bird
      count 142.

      Bird of day was �Indain Thicknee� sighted by our Team Steppe
      Eagle.

      I along with my Team Steppe Eagle ( Prathamesh Desai, Sunil
      Kadam, Prashant Patil and Pratik Prabhu) traveled all the way to remote
      areas of Dombivli to Urban area . My Team Sighted a Count of 142 Birds with
      BOD as �Indain Thicknee�.

      Some of the Best Sightings were:

      Indian Thicknee

      Eurasian Wigeon