Vasai Bay Watch

  • Prathamesh Desai
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2012
      Hello Folks

      -- Today (2 September 2012),I along with Kuldeep Chaudhari and Aseem
      Kumar and His son Madhav went for some Wader Watching at Vasai Beach
      (Parulekar Beach, District- Thane). Even though it was a worst climate with
      heavy showers and hot sun ,we managed to sight good number of migrants.On
      my way to Vasai , many birds were also sighted including Black Bittern
      ,WaterCock and Lesser Flamingo also a Bank Myna was sighted in Vasai
      Village.

      Following Birds were sighted:

      *Black Bittern.*

      *Watercock.*

      Lesser Flamingo.

      Asian Openbill Stork.

      Gull billed Tern.

      Whiskered Tern.

      Caspian Gull.

      Heuglin's Gull.

      Greater Sandplover.

      Lesser Sandplover.

      Kentish Plover.

      Whimbrel.

      Terek Sandpiper.

      Marsh Sandpiper.

      Brahminy Kite.

      Black Kite.

      Great Cormorant.

      Little Cormorant.

      *Bank Myna.*

      Oriental Skylark.

      Regards
      Prathamesh Desai

      (https://www.facebook.com/prathamesh.s.desai)

    • sharad bhat
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
        Did you mean caspian Tern ??

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2012
          Sharad Bhat ,I mean Caspian Gull and not Caspian Tern (Sterna caspia)
          .Caspian Gull (Larus barabensis) also known by Pontic/Caspian/Steppe gull
          is considered subspecies of Yellow Leggged Gull (Birds of India by Krys
          Kazmierczak).