Wader Watch !!!!

  • Prathamesh Desai
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2012
      Hello Folks

      On 29th July 2012 ,I along with kiran Kadam , Prathamesh Mehenadle ,
      Himansu Tembekar and Yogesh Paradkar visited Bhandup Pumping Station.The
      Place was like full of Wader thousands and thousands and many more all
      gathered in one small lake, Sandpipers,Stint,Redshank,Godwit, Gulls,Terns
      ,Flamingo ,stork ,Kites and many more.While some Waders were in their
      Breeding Plumage ,some Non Breeding & few in their 1st Winter plumage.

      Following Birds were sighted with their expected numbers:

      Lesser Flamigo (8 no.)

      Painted Stork (6 no.)

      Black Tailed Godwit (800+ no.)

      Little Stint (200+ no.)

      Curlew Sandpiper (500+ no.)

      Common Redshank (100+ no.)

      Green Sandpiper (4 no.)

      Gull Billed Tern (30+ no.)

      Whiskered Tern (20+ no.)

      Slender Billled Gull (2 no.)

      Lot of Cormorant and other common birds.
      --
      Regards
      Prathamesh Desai

      (https://www.facebook.com/prathamesh.s.desai)

    • asiootusloe
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2012
        Hi Prathamesh and others,
        Greetings Nitin, Kiran and rest of you.
        Bombay has changed a whole lot in last twenty years! I would love to look for shorebirds! Any suggestion for good places?
        Where is Bhandup pumping station? Of course in Bhandup, but any specific directions would be appreciated. You can e-mail me directly.
        Thanks in advance!

        Meena Haribal
        Kandivili