Re: [birdsofbombay]

  • Julius Rego
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
      I saw them behind Mahim Nature Park in the creek on 30.5.11

      Regards
      Julius Rego

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
        Dear Rishad,

        For the last few days, I have been seeing the Lesser Whistling Ducks in Sion
        moving from Mahim Creekside towards Sewri / Wadala more than twice.

        Apparantly most of the fresh waterbodies (whatever has left) dry up during
        this time of the season and these ducks have been reportedly sighted more in
        creeks / estuaries during this time..... as you have mentioned, the
        unmistakable calls of this bird is what attracts your attention.

        Regards,
        Adesh

        On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Rishad K. Naoroji <rishad@...>wrote:

        > Dear All
        >
        > A large flock of Lesser Whistling Teal were observed by me from my verandah
        > at Apollo Bunder. I was first attracted to their presence by their
        > unmistakable calls and I saw them wheeling above the sea close to the
        > pavement between the Taj and Radio Club for about five minutes before they
        > flew in the direction of Uran.
        >
        > Has anybody else seen them along the coast at this particular moment of
        > time?
        >
        > Rishad Naoroji
        >
        > Disclaimer: This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
        > information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
        > to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are
        > notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action based
        > on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
        > received this email in error please notify mailadm@.... Please note
        > that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
        > author and do not necessarily represent those of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co.
        > Ltd. group of companies. The recipient should check this email and any
        > attachments for the presence of viruses. Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. group
        > of companies accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
        > transmitted by this email.

        I Believe In God, Only spell It Nature
      • Ashish Mantri
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2011
          Hi

          About 10 days ago, while I was at Sewree in the evening at the time of tide receding, there were a large number of the lesser whistling ducks, who were enjoying the high tide, but flew away as flamingoes arrived at the coast.

          Regards

          Ashish

          For the last few days, I have been seeing the Lesser Whistling Ducks in Sion
          moving from Mahim Creekside towards Sewri / Wadala more than twice.

          Apparantly most of the fresh waterbodies (whatever has left) dry up during
          this time of the season and these ducks have been reportedly sighted more in
          creeks / estuaries during this time..... as you have mentioned, the
          unmistakable calls of this bird is what attracts your attention.

          Regards,
          Adesh

          On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Rishad K. Naoroji <rishad@...>wrote:

          > Dear All
          >
          > A large flock of Lesser Whistling Teal were observed by me from my verandah
          > at Apollo Bunder. I was first attracted to their presence by their
          > unmistakable calls and I saw them wheeling above the sea close to the
          > pavement between the Taj and Radio Club for about five minutes before they
          > flew in the direction of Uran.
          >
          > Has anybody else seen them along the coast at this particular moment of
          > time?
          >
          > Rishad Naoroji
          >
          > Disclaimer: This message (including any attachments) contains confidential
          > information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
          > to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are
          > notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action based
          > on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have
          > received this email in error please notify mailadm@.... Please note
          > that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
          > author and do not necessarily represent those of Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co.
          > Ltd. group of companies. The recipient should check this email and any
          > attachments for the presence of viruses. Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. group
          > of companies accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
          > transmitted by this email.

          I Believe In God, Only spell It Nature

          To modify mail delivery options, please send a blank email to:

          Individual Mails: birdsofbombay-Normal@yahoogroups.com
          Daily digest: birdsofbombay-Digest@yahoogroups.com
          No mail (check on website): birdsofbombay-Nomail@yahoogroups.com

          Yahoo! Groups Links