HSBC MUMBAI BIRDRACE 2010 - Registration

  • Ravi Vaidyanathan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
      Hello all,

      As for the past few years, request all of you who have not yet registered
      for the forthcoming Mumbai Bird Race 21st February 2010 to pl do so at the
      earliest.

      Let us all, on this one day, get together. *Early registration will be very
      much appreciated. *

      As always, the HSBC India BirdRAces everywhere have elicited excellent
      response this season, with enthusiastic participation everywhere. It is not
      just about trying to spot as many species as it is about showing that we can
      come together. Most importantly, the BirdRAces always usher in a lot of
      freshers, and especially children, and if for nothing else, it is about
      giving all these freshers and the children an opportunity to accompany
      experience which is what makes the difference.

      To take the BirdRAces a step further, we are now using it as an opportunity
      also to document all surviving sites in the region vis-a-vis changing
      land-use patterns.

      We do hope every team can visit at least one birding hotspot in the region
      as also then visit at least one location of every kind of habitat type in
      the region on that day.

      *There are also the other options for the Mumbai BirdRace Day. which you can
      choose from :*

      1- GREEN TEAMS - In case teams wish to participate using only public
      transport or by local walking and public transport the entire duration of
      the BirdRAce day, well, you are welcome to do so. There will be special
      momentos for every team doing so. In Chennai we had as many as ten Green
      Teams this year!

      2 - KID'S HALF-DAY BIRDRACE: For Kids 12 years and under, we have the option
      of having a half-day BirdRAce for them. They can birdwatch dawn to about
      noon and then join for the evening get-together at the Maharashtra Nature
      Park. Every participating kid receives a special momento. In fact every
      BirdRAce participant receives a special memento.

      So Mumbai's birders, please do put aside all your differences and
      appointments and everything else and do participate in the forthcoming
      Mumbai BirdRace. We need to make requisite arrangements for mementos and for
      the dinner, besides, of course, the laborious task of team formations etc.
      and the time is running out !!

      Best wishes & Warm Regards

      Pravin Subramaniam, Ravi Vaidyanathan & Sunjoy Monga
      Mumbai Bird Race 2010

    • Ravi Vaidyanathan
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2010
        Dear Friends

        With the Cyclothon also scheduled for the same day as the Mumbai Bird Race,
        we had the idea of taking this concept of Green Teams further ahead

        Can we not team up and form teams of 4-5 individuals, rent out bicycles and
        spend the day birding in and around the area of our residence / choice ??
        This would be the most ideal "Green Teams" which would add "ZERO" pollution
        to the environment and also keep us fit and healthy !

        We would definitely welcome such groups to register for the current Bird
        Race and spread the message and awareness of our current environmental
        issues to the general public

        This idea could be extended further in the future with special bird races
        conducted purely on a "Green" Theme to spread the awareness about pollution
        and "Greenhouse" effect of the pollutants that is released into the
        atmosphere

        We would definitely like to hear from YOU on this concept.. do write back to
        us ..