Flamingo Watch 4/5 Apr 09

  • meghna laghate
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Hi All,

      Conservation Action Trust (CAT) along with Maharashtra State Forest
      Department is conducting a survey along the Thane Creek in Mumbai. This
      project aims to estimate the population and distribution of flamingos
      within the Thane Creek area. This project will also help to identify
      the areas of ecological importance within the Thane creek.

      The selected sites are AiroliBridge, Vashi Bridge, Mahul jetty, Nhava, and Sewri.

      DATE TIME
      4 Apr 09 3:30 pm
      5 Apr 09 4:45 pm

      This project started in May 2005 and has been supported by volunteers
      since.The data that has been gathered has helped in generating funds
      and making it an independent project. Volunteers being are valuable
      resources will be reimbursed with remuneration of Rs 100 for the travel
      expenses.

      The continued support
      of volunteers is important for the study of this flagship species
      (flamingos) of our very own Thane Creek. Therefore on behalf of CAT and
      Mangrove Wetland Center we request you to join in this survey.

      Kindly confirm your preferred location for the survey. Hoping for a positive reply.

      Warm Regards,
      Meghna Laghate Daver (MPhil),
      Conservation Officer,
      Mangrove Wetland Centre