13986Shearing sighting of Great white pelican From Murbad

  • Sushant More
    Dec 30, 2013
      Great white pelican

      पांढरा झोळीवाला

      26/12/13

      Maharashtra gives always some sweet surprises

      While coming back from forest birding of bhimashankar me and Avinash Bhagatdecided to stop near lake in murbad for some waders and Avinash wanted to click some rose finches and crested buntings we entered in lake area i started clicking some aquatic flower species and avinash was busy in observing waders two of our local friends joined us for birding suddenly Avinash spotted this strange looking bird at the other side of lake i was so shocked after watching this rare bird to maharashtra so close we managed to takse some record shot's firstly then we started approaching the bird he was so calm no any movement or any reaction to our approach

      we were very lucky that day that we got opportunity
      to sight such rare bird we returned after dusk to our homes
      Sushant More shared this photo from Flickr:

      http://flic.kr/p/iFaAbn