hueypriest comments on Noam Chomsky answers your questions (Ask Me Anything video interview)

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2010
      Chomsky on cognitive science (and anarchy). On cognitive science:

      " Cognitive science ought to be concerned‹should be just a part of biology.
      It's concerned with the nature, the growth, the development, maybe
      ultimately the evolution, of a particular subsystem of the organism, namely
      the cognitive system, which should be treated like the immune system or the
      digestive system, the visual system, and so on. When we study those systems,
      there are a number of questions we ask."

      He doesn't think that most cognitive science is doing that.

      etc.

      BB

      http://www.reddit.com/r/blog/comments/bcj59/noam_chomsky_answers_your_questi
      ons_ask_me/c0m3rky