Re: [biopoet] The Valve - A Literary Organ | Hierarchy and Equality: The Essential Tension in Human Nature, Or: Was Marx Right?

  • Stephen Berer
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 30, 2010
      On 3/29/2010 10:35 AM, William Benzon wrote:
      > The whole thing hangs on an argument
      > based on ideas from evolutionary psychology (David Boehm and Alan Fiske),
      > that we have innate behavioral systems for both hierarchical and
      > egalitarian
      > social relations.
      Hi William.
      Do you mean "David Bohm" the physicist and neuro-psychologist?
      Thanks.
      smb

      --
      Wut ar the koeld hard jeyommetreez
      ov the hewman mien
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 30, 2010
        Re: [biopoet] The Valve - A Literary Organ | Hierarchy and Equality: The Essential Tension in Human Nature, Or: Was Marx Right? No, Stephen. I got the name wrong in the email, but not in the post itself. It’s Christopher Boehm.

        I do know of the physicist, and, in fact, I’ve known of his work for far longer, which is probably why I sometimes get confused about this.

        Sorry about that confusion.

        BB

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 30, 2010
          On 3/30/2010 4:50 PM, William Benzon wrote:
          No, Stephen. I got the name wrong in the email, but not in the post itself. It’s Christopher Boehm.

          I do know of the physicist, and, in fact, I’ve known of his work for far longer, which is probably why I sometimes get confused about this.

          Sorry about that confusion.
          No worries! I was just having trouble finding anything that David B had written! Problem solved.
          BTW, I just finished reading David Bohm's Wholeness and the Implicate Order, which is perhaps why he's on my mind. Absolutely brilliant.
          best,
          smb