CFP: special journal issue on evolutionary cultural studies

  • Carroll, Joseph C.
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2009
      RE: hello

      Hi Everybody,

                  Michael Ryan and Amitava Kumar co-edit an online journal, Politics and Culture: http://aspen.conncoll.edu/politicsandculture/index2.cfm.  They have a special issue coming up on “Bioculture: Evolutionary Cultural Studies.”  I’m going to contribute to it, and they asked if I’d contact people I know and see who else might be interested in contributing.  The editors would “like to get as many ‘lights’ as possible in.”

      On editorial policy for the journal: “We generally do not publish standard scholarly articles or essays (a study of Jane Austen, for example). We do mostly book reviews and literature reviews as well as more essayistic pieces. We're a bit more free form than the standard scholarly journal.  But for an issue like this, we would be open to more scholarly pieces.”

      There is no stipulated word length or citation style.  There’s a tight time line—mid-December.

                  If you’re interested in contributing, you can contact the editors:

      Amitava Kumar: amkumar@...

      Michael Ryan: mpryan@...

      Best regards,

      Joseph Carroll