Re:FW: [evol-psych] Article: Computer Poetry Pushes The Genre Envelope

  • Mike Tintner
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19, 2007
      "In recent years literary research has come to focus more and more on visual
      forms,"

      Sounds v. interesting. Can anyone give examples of this?
    • Stephen Berer
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2007
                 Dang, I know I should keep my big mouth shut, but as a writer of poetry, this just sounds like so much hogwash in a bucket. Sorry guys. It may have important programming implications, but as literature, it's totally fake. It doesn't push the boundaries of *my* genre envelop one micron. And no, it doesn't intimidate me. Literature is dialogic, not some programming feat or some clever attempt at verisimilitude. There's no dialog with a computer, and if the programmer has something to say (to me, at least), she needs to say it herself, by damn. I'll say it again, this may have very important (and very dangerous) implications for computer programming, but it is not literature. Not in *my* world, anyway.
                 Steve Berer