The 5th Great Stage of Language

  • Mike Tintner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      There have been four great stages of language, and we have just entered the 5th. There is something very different about the words you are looking at right now. Can you spot the difference?

      1. The Spoken Word
      2. The Written Word -  Pictographic, Cuneiform
      3. The Written Word - Alphabetic
      4. The Printed Word

      and now:

      5. The Screened Word

      I assume everyone out there is dead - if only in spirit - so I won't expect anyone will be interested in discussing the revolutionary implications and consequences of this change.