Re: FW: [evol-psych] Article: Brain's Action Center Is All Talk: Strong

  • Mike Tintner
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2006
      Re:
      Article: Brain's Action Center Is All Talk: Strong
      Mental Link Between Actions And Words

      Brain's Action Center Is All Talk: Strong Mental Link Between Actions And
      Words
      Neuroscience is tackling a problem that obsessed Hamlet: What is the
      difference in our minds between talk and action?
      --

      Whoops, missed this on evo-psych. Thanks Bill.

      Absolutely delighted with this. It confirms the theory I have advanced in previous discussions: the brain does not just process words or symbols semantically on one level for "meaning", it simultaneously "makes sense" of them, converting them into the relevant sensory images.  The brain can only understand statements, IF it can make sense of them in this way. "I can't see what you're talking about." (My theory/formulation is much broader and far-reaching than the talk/action correlation)

      The scientist involved says this is the FIRST study to make such a correlation. Please post any more related material.