Re: [biopoet] The Resilience Perspective & The Importance of Diversity

  • Jeff Turpin, Supervising Archeologist, T
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2006
      Mike--Just a quick thought before dashing off to class.  Resilience theory seems to assume that a "state of healthy balance" is somehow right and proper, or is at least the ultimate goal of evolution or human growth, but I suspect EP theory will say that "healthy balance" is irrelevant, that maximizing reproductive fitness may require one to abandon healthy balance, especially in the face of organisms that might be more fit in a particular context, or might be innately more fit, thus requiring the original organism to "cheat" or spend some "healthy balance" resources in an attempt to compete.  But I have told myself before to never write e-mails at the crack of dawn before rushing off to school, so . . . JT