Conference papers

  • jpturpin1
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2005
      Todos--I've been invited to propose a panel to next year's American
      Literature Association meetings in San Francisco, end of May, 2006.
      The panel (or round table, if we get enough good presentations) will
      consiste of adaptationist analyses of established American authors.
      We have potential presenters on Wharton and Steinbeck so far, along
      with a panel chair. My hope is that we can tap in to the mainstream
      with this opportunity, so I would like to floor some really strong
      evolutionary reads. Obviously, it helps if they are on authors with
      big associations, since we can thus attract a considerable audience.
      My proposal is due by mid-December. This is currently a limited CFP
      for this listserve. Any interested contributors can contact me at
      jpturpin@.... Hope to hear from several of you. Thanks.

      Jeff Turpin, University of Texas at San Antonio Dept. of English.