550new book out

  • Tim Horvath
    Apr 28, 2009
      I'm sure an official announcement is forthcoming from the publisher, but rather than contain my excitement I'll diffuse it a bit by sharing it with those who are most likely to care. Brian Boyd's On the Origin of Stories is out and available. At 400 some-odd pages of text, it's a daunting tome, but the writing is clear and lucid and inherits in no small measure the elegance that Brian has no doubt assimilated from Nabokov over the years. I've just begun my reading, but it promises to be one of the seminal works in the field. The book weaves back and forth between the synthesizing necessary for evolutionary scholarship and the originality that makes it exciting. I hope it gets as much attention as Dutton's book has deservedly gotten of late.

      Best,

      Tim Horvath

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic