Fw: Houston Meeting

  • Ron Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2008
      Stefan:  Thanks.

      Biochar list:

      1.  Stefan is at NREL and gave a nice introductory (on the first AM) at Newcastle - as an expert overview of pyrolysis technologies.

      2.   The papers that Stefan has led us to here are a miniature version of Newcastle - but here you can see some very interesting abstracts thhat are not yet available to you on the IBI website.  I suppose the poster presentations (I couldn't find) could also show a lot.  To get to the Symposia 578 and 579 (and two more) that Stefan listed below, see

      3.  We on this list are not as aware as we need to be of the academic science that is beginning with groups like ACS.  I say "beginning" because I went back to the similar 2007 conference and there was nothing like this list.  But there are what look like a few good pdfs (for a price).

      4.   To help us all (and especially myself for help in organizing the 2009 North American IBI regional - save August 10-12), I am going to copy all the 8-9 abstracts I can find for these 4 half day symposia. (saying this to avoid duplicated efforts by others).  I can't do all before the weekend.

      Ron