Special Announcement from Biochar Ontario: DON'T MISS the 1st Urban Agriculture Summit in Toronto!
- View Source
Around the world, people are growing food in cities! Learn more and register now at www.urbanagsummit.org
From August 15th -August 18th 2012,
Biochar Ontario is a Promotional Partner in the first Urban Agriculture Summit in Toronto!
The 2012 Urban Agriculture Summit will bring together a diversity of people that are making it happen - design professionals, community groups, social housing advocates, tenants and developers, educators, planners, homeowners, urban growers and others - to share what is working, and to discover what is possible.
The Summit will be action-oriented: attendees will learn new tools to advance urban agriculture in their own communities.
Together participants will explore urban agriculture's current role and future potential in 21st century city-building.
Tweet to UrbanAg Summit:
Lloyd Helferty, Engineering Technologist Principal, Biochar Consulting (Canada) www.biochar-consulting.ca 48 Suncrest Blvd, Thornhill, ON, Canada 905-707-8754 CELL: 647-886-8754 Skype: lloyd.helferty Steering Committee coordinator Canadian Biochar Initiative (CBI) President, Co-founder & CBI Liaison, Biochar-Ontario Manager, Biochar Offsets Group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2446475 Advisory Committee Member, IBI http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=1404717 http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42237506675 http://groups.google.com/group/biochar-ontario http://www.meetup.com/biocharontario/ http://www.biocharontario.ca www.biochar.ca A nation that destroys its soil, destroys itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: DON'T MISS the 1st Urban Agriculture Summit Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:49:24 -0400 From: Green Roofs for Healthy Cities <conference@...>
DON'T MISS the 1st Urban Agriculture Summit
Bringing together leaders in design, planning, development and integration for city-based food production
August 15 - 18, 2012
Featuring inspiring experts:
- Will Allen, Founder & CEO of Growing Power and author of ‘The Good Food Revolution’
- Paul Lightfoot, CEO of BrightFarms hydroponic greenhouse farms and supply chain expert
- Joe Lobko, Principal of duToit Allsopp Hillier, interdisciplinary architect, landscape architect and urban designer
- PLUS over 75 session presenters who are leaders in the fields of community and commercial development, policy, research, and design.
Only $199 (non profit) / $349 (for profit) for a full delegate pass. Includes plenaries, sessions, trade show, networking receptions, and meals.
The Urban Agriculture Summit will also feature:
- Professional development courses and training / skills workshops, several of which are approved for continuing education / professional development hours.
- And half-day tours and full-day tours of exceptional and inspiring urban agriculture projects and producers across the Greater Toronto Area.
Coming from out of town? Affordable rooms are available at Ryerson University Residence from $59 - book your room early to avoid disappointment. Don't delay ... space and registration is limited. Register today!
Having trouble viewing the flyer? Simply copy and paste the entire address listed below into your web browser: