Two Biochar reminders about Iowa State in June

  • Ron Larson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 13, 2010
      Lists (Apologies for sending to multiple lists):

      1. I received a request this morning to send a reminder of the A) USBI
      conference coming up June 27-30 and B) the deadline for abstracts in Feb.

      2. Re A) The conference details are at:
      (http://typo3.eng.iastate.edu/fileadmin/www.biorenew.iastate.edu/images/Biochar2010/BiocharSaveDate.pdf);
      With the key sentences being:
      " Recent advances in biochar science and technology will be showcased at
      Biochar 2010:
      U.S. Biochar Initiative Conference, hosted by Iowa State University on
      June 27–30.
      Join scientists, engineers, policymakers, policy analysts, producers,
      and users to discuss
      these critical developments.
      Call for Abstracts now open • Deadline for submission: February 1
      For Biochar2010 conference information, visit
      www.biorenew.iastate.edu/biochar2010"

      3. Re B) The abstract information is at:
      http://www.ucs.iastate.edu/mnet/biochar/home.html.
      in part stating:
      *"Scientists, engineers, policy analysts, policy makers, users,
      producers, and students are hereby invited to submit abstracts for
      consideration for presentation and poster sessions for the 2010 U.S.
      Biochar Initiative Conference. Deadline for submission is Monday,
      February 1, 2010.

      Presentations are being considered in the following general program areas:*

      1. Biochar Production and Characterization
      2. Biochar and Agriculture, Forestry, Soil Science and Environment
      3. Biochar Policy and Economics
      4. Biochar Markets and Business Opportunities
      5. Biochar Origins and History
      6. Other Topics in Biochar and Energy (awareness, education, regional
      activities, advocacy and social implications, etc.)"

      4. I have learned a lot at these conferences. If you are at all serious
      about Biochar, I strongly recommend putting this event in your plans. If
      you are already putting considerable time in, I hope you will also be
      putting together an abstract in the next few weeks; I am going to.

      . Please pass these two ideas on. Ron