"Snapshot" CD bonus tracks?

  • swandown1@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2001
      Does anyone have any info on the bonus tracks on the "Snapshot" CD?
      (Back About Four; Haven't Any Money; The Fortune Teller; Love Is All
      Around; The Rest Of My Life)

      Recording dates/locations? Backing musicians? I'd like to have more
      info before I upgrade copies...

      Thanks,

      Scott
    • Mike Griffiths
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2001
        >>Scott wrote:

        >>Does anyone have any info on the bonus tracks on the "Snapshot" CD?
        >>(Back About Four; Haven't Any Money; The Fortune Teller; Love Is
        >>All Around; The Rest Of My Life) Recording dates/locations?
        >>Backing musicians? I'd like to have more info before I upgrade
        >>copies...

        Hi Scott,

        Sorry for the delayed response. You see, I don't have my own
        computer and being very busy lately, I kept forgetting to check the
        credits when I got home. I finally did have a look but since I
        didn't have your post in front of me at the time, I'm not 100% sure
        (only 99) that all five bonus tracks on the Snapshot CD date from
        1967 and were recorded at Regent Sound Studios. The musicians: Billy -
        vocals/acoustic guitar and Caleb Quaye - everything else. All five
        songs are Billy Nicholls originals. "Haven't Any Money" is a gas and
        has quickly become a favourite of mine. The other tracks are good
        and help further to illustrate Billy's early songwriting efforts.

        Cheers,

        Mike
      • mick taylor
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2001
          Hi Mike and All.

          Firstly, Mike have you noticed on the moderators settings that besides
          setting members for 'individual mails' 'web only' etc there is now one for
          'special announcements' - whats that all about? I've tried looking for an
          explanation but no luck.

          All - how are ya :0) - There is one topic I would like to discuss and I hope
          it isn't off-topic? I don't think so? But what is Billy's FULL involvement
          with 'The Who'?

          I've heard Billy's name crop up a couple of times and recently saw Billy on
          tv doing backing vocals for a Townshend concert. I also bought a Who bootleg
          the other day called "Quadrophenia In Oslo, Norway" and when Townshend
          introduces his band he says "Billy Nichollllllsssssssss" :0) I have heard
          that Billy's some sort of musical director - what does this involve? Sorry
          for all the questions but I find it quite cool that one of my favourite
          all-time bands is involved with Billy nicholls who is related to the Small
          Faces :0)

          Maybe we could also talk about all Billy's other involvements. cheers all and
          Mike for a great list. speak to you all soon..........Mick T