That's When Heartaches begin..

  • John
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 1 2:23 AM
      ---The song title 'That's When Heartaches Begin ' seems familiar to
      me..
      Maybe it was a radio hit in the early 60's..Baby Washington perhaps.
      The strange thing is I can sort of hear it in my head...but
      can't put a voice with it!

      Ella Fitzgerald.....For me the best Ella Songs are those with
      less 'scat' and more real singing..

      John

      In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, ayrton mugnaini
      <milledischi@y...> wrote:

      > Hello everybody?
      >
      > As you may know, Elvis' first record was an acetate with "My
      Happiness" (Ella Fitzgerald) and "That'd When Your heartaches Begin"
      (Ink Spots). Has anyone got any of these two originals?

      > Thanks in advance!
      >
      > Cheerio,
      >
      > Ayrton

      > Converse com seus amigos em tempo real com o Yahoo! Messenger
      > http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/
    • ayrton mugnaini
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 1 4:22 AM
        Dear John,

        you wrote

        >The song title 'That's When Heartaches Begin '  seems familiar to
        me..
        Maybe it was a radio hit in the early 60's..Baby Washington perhaps.
          The strange thing  is I can sort of hear it in my head...but
        can't put a voice with it!

           Ella Fitzgerald.....For me the best Ella Songs are those with
        less 'scat' and more real singing..<

        I agree! To me, Only Aretha Franklin can "rewrite" songs with the best results - maybe because she's a aongwriter too.

        I heard "That's When Your Heartaches Begin" was recorded by Ink Spots and by Ella too. I'm after these versions as well!

        Cheerio,

        Ayrton

        http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 1 4:56 AM
          Are you thinking of the Long John Baldry tune called "Let The
          Heartaches Begin"?

          ..... bbb

          > ---The song title 'That's When Heartaches Begin ' seems familiar
          > me..
          > Maybe it was a radio hit in the early 60's..Baby Washington
          perhaps.
          > The strange thing is I can sort of hear it in my head...but
          > can't put a voice with it!
          >
          > Ella Fitzgerald.....For me the best Ella Songs are those with
          > less 'scat' and more real singing..
          >
          > John

        • ayrton mugnaini
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 1 5:14 AM
            Dear BBB,

            you asked

            >Are you thinking of the Long John Baldry tune called "Let The Heartaches Begin"?<

            No, it's a different and very earlier song.

            Cheerio,

            Ayrton

            Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 1 6:02 AM
              That's When Your Heartaches Begin. I know what song it is now.

              ..... bbb

              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 1 6:09 AM
                >That's When Your Heartaches Begin. I know what song it is now.<

                Yep! And I'm looking for the recordings by the Ink Spots and/or Ella Fitzgerald.

                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 1 6:14 AM
                  I have tons of their stuff...

                  vinyl only, including 78's

                  ..... bbb

                  > Yep! And I'm looking for the recordings by the Ink Spots and/or Ella
                  Fitzgerald.

                  > Cheerio,
                  >
                  > Ayrton
                  >

                  > ---------------------------------

                • Uwe
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 1 8:27 AM
                    I have a few versions of Let The Heartaches begin and My Happiness but
                    sadly not the requested versions.
                    Uwe

                    Are you thinking of the Long John Baldry tune called "Let The
                    Heartaches Begin"?

                    ..... bbb

                    > ---The song title 'That's When Heartaches Begin ' seems familiar
                    > me..
                    > Maybe it was a radio hit in the early 60's..Baby Washington
                    perhaps.
                    > The strange thing is I can sort of hear it in my head...but
                    > can't put a voice with it!
                    >
                    > Ella Fitzgerald.....For me the best Ella Songs are those with
                    > less 'scat' and more real singing..
                    >
                    > John

                    The most EXCITING oldies group on Yahoo!!!!!
                    Yahoo! Groups Links