Re: New Year's Eve

  • katevicnora
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
      I guess I will be the first to post for 2005. We just got in from
      the New Year's Eve dance. The bands just finished playing right at
      2:00AM and we got a ride from the legion right away. They had six
      cars with drivers to drive anyone home that needed a lift. Since we
      took the bus and no buses were running after 12:30AM we got a lift.
      A very good night and the dinner was fantastic. If you can make to
      the legion at 2:00PM tomorrow afternoon you can get in free and
      after some leftovers from last nights dinner plus the bar manager is
      making a special drink. LOL. The band played an Elvis song for us as
      they know I'm a big fan as the lead singer is also an Elvis fan and
      likes to sing lots of early Elvis songs at dances. Kate
    • Billy
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
        Congrats on the first post of 2005!! As you read, I wasn't going to
        make it. I signed off and retreated to my "Faces Of America" book. I
        was still 'up' at midnight. I heard all the bells and whistles and
        boom booms go off. I went to bed shortly afterwards, and slept
        straight through to quarter to 7.

        ..... bbb

        > I guess I will be the first to post for 2005. We just got in from
        > the New Year's Eve dance. The bands just finished playing right at
        > 2:00AM and we got a ride from the legion right away. They had six
        > cars with drivers to drive anyone home that needed a lift. Since we
        > took the bus and no buses were running after 12:30AM we got a lift.
        > A very good night and the dinner was fantastic. If you can make to
        > the legion at 2:00PM tomorrow afternoon you can get in free and
        > after some leftovers from last nights dinner plus the bar manager
        is
        > making a special drink. LOL. The band played an Elvis song for us
        as
        > they know I'm a big fan as the lead singer is also an Elvis fan and
        > likes to sing lots of early Elvis songs at dances. Kate
      • Vicki
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
          So happy that you had a good time out, Kate........and happy you got
          home safely, too. But you weren't the first post of the New Year!
          lol Brenda had a post at 12:04 IL time.........:)

          That 2:00 leftovers and special drink sounds great, but I have to
          work today!lol

          Have a Great January 1st! wicki:)

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
            The boys and I fell asleep on the love seat at around 11:00. I awoke
            at 11:10 pm........feeling very cramped, so the tv was turned off and
            we went to bed, and I didn't hear nothing until 6:30 this morning
            when my radio/alarm came on.........:) Happy New Year to you all! v.

            > Congrats on the first post of 2005!! As you read, I wasn't going to
            > make it. I signed off and retreated to my "Faces Of America" book.
            > was still 'up' at midnight. I heard all the bells and whistles and
            > boom booms go off. I went to bed shortly afterwards, and slept
            > straight through to quarter to 7.
            >
            > ..... bbb
            >

            > > I guess I will be the first to post for 2005. We just got in from
            > > the New Year's Eve dance. The bands just finished playing right
            at
            > > 2:00AM and we got a ride from the legion right away. They had six
            > > cars with drivers to drive anyone home that needed a lift. Since
            we
            > > took the bus and no buses were running after 12:30AM we got a
            lift.
            > > A very good night and the dinner was fantastic. If you can make
            > > the legion at 2:00PM tomorrow afternoon you can get in free and
            > > after some leftovers from last nights dinner plus the bar manager
            > is
            > > making a special drink. LOL. The band played an Elvis song for us
            > as
            > > they know I'm a big fan as the lead singer is also an Elvis fan
            and
            > > likes to sing lots of early Elvis songs at dances. Kate
          • John
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
              --Hmm Free admission?

              That's cool!

              It is about 2:00 PM here so I still have 2 or 3 hours to
              make it this afternoon.
              Please save me a seat near the food...and jukebox..

              John

              - In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, "katevicnora" <kdbouncer@y...>

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
                --- I was a waketill after midnight ,,It ewas kind of quiet
                around the Midnight hour...but 10-30 minutes after the New Year
                began my neighbors got noisy....and it wasn't for the usual
                reasons!!

                John

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 1, 2005
                  -Hi wicki..
                  ' Yes it saounds it was a good time last night and another
                  session this afternoon.

                  I don't know about you..but two partys..two days..maybe too
                  much for me.

                  That is why I prefer the 'every-other-day-going-out-and-party'
                  schedule..
                  I would like that,,but hasn't happenned yet!

                  John