Re: New Album At DavesTunes......

  • indyjohn45
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      -Dave,, I was glad to see two radio hits included,that are never
      played....well anywhere..

      *Come Back, Silly Girl,,is a song that is not to far from the
      Letterman Sound,,and is worth a hearing..

      *Sherry, Don't Go recieved some air play in the Ohio/Kentucky
      area,,,but is never referenced as far as Letterman Music is
      concerned..It has a quite different sound(as I recall)..and might
      not fit the 'smooth harmony' stylings that they are known for.

      The Lettermen had been the subject of discussion before,innthe
      Classic Billybear' tradition.. I believe Billy has Lettereman signed
      album..
      One note about the medley..Can't Take My Eyes Off You/Goin' OUt of
      My Head' medley...somewhere in my little brain I recall reading
      that what seems to be an 'in concert performance' was actually a
      studio recvording with all the 'crowd' sound added later... I
      think the recording is very effective, entertaining..and worth
      repeated playings..
      In the mid 60s.. I bought a Capitol 'Starline' 45(their Back To
      Back Hits' type series.. The Way You Look Tonight...and When I fall
      in Love..both for some reason stuck in brain..and offered a
      contrast to regular RnR...Even in my Younger years a little 'Mood'
      music might come in handy at a ;Love Shack'...

      I have an early start today..and I wish all good things come yiour
      way,,this day.

      John.-- In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, "Dave"
      <daven.music@a...> wrote:

      > Hi All......The Lettermen, one of the winners in the voting is now
      in. This
      > will be in 3 parts. There are 23 tracks all done at 128. The first
      8 tracks
      > have been uploaded along with the front & back CD covers. These
      will stay up
      > over the weekend and be replaced on Monday. After The Lettermen
      will be 28
      > tracks by The Fleetwoods, followed by 20 tracks by Mitch Ryder &
      The Detroit

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Yup!! You remembered my big yard sale find from June 2002!!! It's the
        album with "Hurt So Bad" on it.

        ..... Billy