Re: Saturday First Five

  • katevicnora
    Message 1 of 1473 , Aug 31 9:10 PM
      Hi John. Yes Labour Day is a a holiday with all the banks closed and
      I'm lucky as I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday. On August 31, 1957 Elvis
      played a concert in Vancouver at Empire Stadium during the Pacific
      National Exhibition. There is a nice article with the story of how
      the nearly all female crowd of close to 25,000 stormed the stage so
      they had to cut the concert short as the girls were pretty wild. The
      url is
      http://www.vancourier.com/082202/new/082202nn1.html The same thing
      happened at the same venue with same MC Red Robinson when The Beatles
      played there too and I used to work with a lady that went to The
      Beatles concert and she said it was pretty scary. And if your
      wondering if I went to the 1957 concert the answer is no as I wasn't
      born until 1959. Kate
      Message 1473 of 1473 , May 17, 2009
        I posted it for you. It's sung in german. Don't know if you'll go for it or not.