Re: [BBT] September Songs...

  • Larry Davis
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2012
      Here are ten "September" songs that I don't think are included in any of the previous shares:

      http://www.sendspace.com/file/aqt0y8

      Bennett Tony - Song From 'The Oscar' (Maybe September).mp3    8/31/2012 9:58:04 PM    5,745.92
      Diamond Neil - September Morn.mp3    8/31/2012 9:58:14 PM    5,455.10
      Faith Percy - Song From The Oscar (Maybe September).mp3    8/31/2012 9:40:39 PM    4,974.65
      Mantovani - September In The Rain.mp3    8/31/2012 9:45:25 PM    4,795.71
      Mantovani - September Song.mp3    8/31/2012 9:45:33 PM    4,002.24
      Santo & Johnny - Theme from Come September.mp3    8/31/2012 9:40:43 PM    2,712.24
      Shaw Artie - September Song.mp3    8/31/2012 9:45:40 PM    4,675.10
      Vaughn Billy - Come September.mp3    8/31/2012 9:40:49 PM    3,508.16
      Williams Roger - September Song.mp3    8/31/2012 9:45:52 PM    4,520.20
      Winterhalter Hugo - September In The Rain.mp3    8/31/2012 9:46:01 PM    5,212.65

      Larry

      On 8/31/2012 8:47 AM, David Bruce-Casares wrote:

      How cool -- thanks Vicki! I grew up with my parents' old 78 of Walter Huston's "September Song", but never had a digital copy until now. EXCELLENT (plus, I love hearing covers of songs).

      And... "It Might As Well Rain Until September" -- another goodie by a young Carol Kline (Carole King). There were also versions by Grand Funk Rainroad and later Kylie Minogue -- neither have I been able to locate. But...here are three other additional versions to add to your list:

      Caroline Jayne - It Might As Well Rain Until September
      Danny McEvoy - It Might As Well Rain Until September
      James Ward - It Might As Well Rain Until September

      Enjoy and thanks again!
      David

      =====
      This is a private e-mail covered by Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 47, Sec. 1030 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only.

      --
      Scanned by Sophos Anti-Virus Version 8.0.6C

      On Aug 30, 2012, at 6:35 PM, wicki wrote:

      One of my favorite months is coming up:) Thought I would share a few "September songs"......enjoy!! Vicki

      It Might As Well Rain Until September...

      Amanda Normansell - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Bobby Vee - It Might as Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Carole King - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      De Laine Sisters - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Gary & Dave - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Helen Shapiro - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Kay Barry - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Mickey Dolenz - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Noeleen Batley - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3
      Peggy Lipton - It Might As Well Rain Until September.mp3

      http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/07k4uv

      See You In September...

      Bobby Rydell - See You In September.mp3
      California - See You In September.mp3
      Chiffons - See You In September.mp3
      David Dante - See You In September.mp3
      Debby Boone - See You In September.mp3
      Four Freshmen - See You In September.mp3
      Gerry & Pacemakers - See You In September.mp3
      Happenings - See You In September (Italian).mp3
      Happenings - See You In September.mp3
      Jack in the box - See You In September.mp3
      Jordans - See You In September, Instrumental.mp3
      Kahuna Kawentzmann - See You In September.mp3
      Mike Clifford - See You In September.mp3
      Mike Curb Congregation - See You In September.mp3
      Murals - See You In September, Instrumental.mp3
      Quotations - See You In September.mp3
      Ronnie Baker - See You In September.mp3
      Santo & Johnny - See You In September.mp3
      Shelly Fabares - See You In September.mp3
      Sky - See You In September.mp3
      Symbols - See You In September.mp3
      Tempos - See You In September.mp3

      http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/bw98io

      September In The Rain 1&2...

      Acker Bilk - September In The Rain.MP3
      Aeroplane - September In The Rain.mp3
      Al Hibbler - September In The Rain.mp3
      Andy Bey - September In The Rain.mp3
      Arthur Prysock - September In The Rain.mp3
      Barbara Morrison - September In The Rain.mp3
      Beatles - Decca (extremely rare) - September In The Rain.mp3
      Bing Crosby - September In The Rain.mp3
      Brenda Lee - September In the Rain.mp3
      Chad & Jeremy - September In The Rain.mp3
      Chuck Miller - September In The Rain.mp3
      Citations - September In The Rain.mp3
      Cryin' Shames - September In The Rain.mp3
      Dakota Staton - September In The Rain.mp3
      Des O'Connor - September in the rain.mp3
      Dinah Washington - September In The Rain.mp3
      Don Walser & Pure Texas Band - September in the Rain.mp3
      Doris Day - September In The Rain.mp3
      Duprees - September In The Rain.mp3
      Embers - September In The Rain.mp3
      Fabulons - September In The Rain.mp3
      Frank Sinatra - September In The Rain.mp3
      Frankie Laine - September In The Rain.mp3
      George Shearing - September in the Rain.mp3
      Geralso & Orch. - September In The Rain, 1937.mp3
      Goode - September In The Rain.mp3
      Guy Lombardo - September In The Rain.mp3
      Hank Thompson - September In The Rain.mp3
      Jack Hylton - September In The Rain, 1937.mp3

      James Melton - September In The Rain, 1937.mp3
      Jo Stafford - September In The Rain.mp3
      John Pizzarelli - September In The Rain.mp3
      Julie London - September In The Rain.mp3
      Marian McPartland's Piano Jazz - September In The Rain.mp3
      Marty Robbins - September In The Rain.mp3
      Marv Johnson - September In The Rain.mp3
      Michael Feinstein - September In The Rain.mp3
      Muggsy Spanier - September in the Rain, 1944.mp3
      Paul Weston - September In The Rain.mp3
      Peggy Lee - September in the Rain.mp3
      Platters - September In The Rain.mp3
      Quotations - September In The Rain.mp3
      Rod Stewart - September In The Rain.mp3
      Roy Hargrove - September In The Rain.mp3
      Royal Jokers - September In The Rain.mp3
      Sachal Vasandani - September In The Rain.mp3
      Sam Donahue - September In The Rain.mp3
      Sam Donahue & Orch. - September in the Rain.mp3
      Sarah Vaughan - September In The Rain.mp3
      Spade Cooley - September In The Rain.mp3
      Sue Raney - September In The Rain.mp3
      Wedgewoods - September In The Rain.mp3
      Willie Nelson - September In The Rain.mp3

      http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/nzmhhr
      http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/jgbivt

      September Song 1&2...

      101 Strings - September Song.mp3
      Acker Bilk - September Song.mp3
      Al Hirt - September Song.mp3
      Al Martin - September Song.mp3
      AlbumArtSmall.jpg
      Ames Brothers - September Song.mp3
      Andy Williams - September Song.mp3
      Angele Durand - Rendezvous mit - 02 - September-Song.mp3
      Anne Shelton - September Song W- Wally Scott Aho 1957.mp3
      Art Tatum - September Song.mp3
      Arthur Lyman - September Song.mp3
      Billie Holiday - September Song.mp3
      Billy Vaughn - September Song.mp3
      Bing Crosby - September Song.mp3
      Black Arrows - September Song.mp3
      Boston Pop Orch. - September Song.mp3
      Brook Benton - September Song.mp3
      Cal Tjader - September Song.mp3
      Carmen Cavallaro - September Song.mp3
      Chet Baker - September Song.mp3
      Chordells - September Song 1959.mp3
      Clarence Gatemouth Brown - September Song.mp3
      Clifford Brown - September Song.mp3
      Cordials - September Song.mp3
      Dardanelle Trio - September Song.mp3
      Dave Stephens - September Song.mp3
      David Rose - September Song.mp3
      Dean Martin - September Song.mp3
      Deep River Boys - September Song.mp3
      Delcos - September Song.mp3
      Dellords - September Song 1962 Midas 09.mp3
      Delta Rhythm Boys - September Song.mp3
      Dion & the Belmonts - September Song.mp3
      Dominoes, Billy Ward & - September Song 1957.mp3
      Don Byas Quartet - September Song.mp3
      Don Cornell - September Song.mp3
      Doris Day & Les Brown - September Song.mp3
      Earl Bostic - September Song.mp3
      Eddy Arnold - September Song.mp3
      Fabulons - September Song.mp3
      Flamingos - September Song, 64.mp3
      Folder.jpg
      Four Freshmen - September Song.mp3
      Frank Mills - September Song.mp3
      Frank Sinatra - September Song.mp3
      Gary Primich - September Song.mp3

      George Shearing - September Song.mp3
      Hank Penny - September Song.mp3
      Harmonicats - September Song.mp3
      Harry James - September Song.mp3
      Impressions - September Song (Mono Version).mp3
      Impressions - September Song.mp3
      Jackie Gleason - September Song.mp3
      James Brown - September Song.mp3
      Jann Peerce - September Song.mp3
      Jeff Lynne - September Song.mp3
      Jimmy Durante - September Song.mp3
      Jo Ann Castle - September Song.mp3
      John Hughey - September Song.mp3
      Johnny Hartman - September Song.mp3
      Liberace - September Song 1952.mp3
      Lotte Lenya - September song.mp3
      Marie Knight - September Song.mp3
      Matt Monro - September Song.mp3
      Maurice Chevalier - September Song.mp3
      Mills Brothers - September Song.mp3
      Moonglows - September Song.mp3
      Nat 'King' Cole - September Song.mp3
      Pat Boone - September Song.mp3
      Peter Paul & Mary - September Song.mp3
      Platters - September Song.mp3
      Puppini Sisters - September Song.mp3
      Ravens - September Song.mp3
      Ray Anthony - September Song.mp3
      Roy Clark - September Song.mp3
      Roy Drusky - September Song.mp3
      Rusty Draper - September Song.mp3
      Sam Donahue Orch. - September Song, 55.mp3
      Sarah Vaughn - September Song.mp3
      Scatman Crothers - September Song.mp3
      Sidney Bechet - September Song.mp3
      Slide - September Song.mp3
      Stan Kenton - September Song.mp3
      Ted Heath & Music - September Song.mp3
      Tommy Overstreet - September Song.mp3
      Tony Martin - September Song.mp3
      Viscounts - September Song.mp3
      Walter Huston - September Song, 44.mp3
      Willie Nelson - September Song.mp3

      http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/alknn9
      http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/6vgh8h

    • David Bruce-Casares
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2012
        LOL!! I don't know about 'grown up' -- I may be 54, but I don't think I've actually 'grown up' yet. ;-))

        I too would love to hear both those other versions -- especially the Grand Funk Railroad version, which would probably sound unique (and a far cry from Carole King).

        David

        =====
        This is a private e-mail covered by Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 47, Sec. 1030 U.S.C. Section 107, any copyrighted work in this message is distributed under fair use without profit or payment for non-profit research and educational or criticism purposes only.

        --
        Scanned by Sophos Anti-Virus Version 8.0.6C

        On Aug 31, 2012, at 4:26 PM, Vicki wrote:

        Glad to hear that I have been able to post something from your "growing-up" years, David:)  That is what sharing is all about!!  Thank you Much for the additional versions:)

        I have looked for Grand Funk and Kylie and cannot find them either...hope someone else has them for you....Vicki