[BBT] Re: link for you Billy

  • Will H
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
      good morning Lise, now you have me curious, I think I will check them out. Do you think the arrangements seem 15 yrs older than 1951 or ahead of their time?

      Will

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
        Go ahead and download. A bit scratchy, but safe.

        ..... bbb

        .>

        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
          Not totally destroyed, but the 'purists' won't like it at all.

          ..... bbb

          .>
          > Took me 51 seconds. One of the downs of living in a populated area.
          >
          > I was prepared to hear Christmas songs totally destroyed. But they aren't so
          > horribly bad. The arrangements are strange for 1951, at least fifteen years
          > out of date.
          >
          > Lise
          >
          > .
        • Will H
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
            Yes I agree, not really bad, I have heard worse soundalike singers. But yes those who can only listen to a certain song by Perry Como or some other singer, it won't work for them lol.

            I remember when I was younger, playing some of those 12 top hits records which were not bad, and I even got to like them because I had not heard the original singer.

            Will

            --- In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, "Puddleboy" <badboybacky@...> wrote:

            > Not totally destroyed, but the 'purists' won't like it at all.
            >
            > ..... bbb
            >
            > .>
            > > Took me 51 seconds. One of the downs of living in a populated area.
            > >
            > > I was prepared to hear Christmas songs totally destroyed. But they aren't so
            > > horribly bad. The arrangements are strange for 1951, at least fifteen years
            > > out of date.
            > >
            > > Lise
            > >
            > > .

          • Lisanne Anderson
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
              It sound to me like a hotel band from the mid 1930s

              On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 9:11 AM, Will H <gwill27@...> wrote:

              good morning Lise, now you have me curious, I think I will check them out. Do you think the arrangements seem 15 yrs older than 1951 or ahead of their time?

              Will

              -

            • Will H
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
                yes, after listening I see what you are saying. There is a sort of 30s/40s sound to the music. I wonder if they dug up some older recordings that had been maybe on 78 and re-released them? I understand some of these soundalike labels do go back to having releases on 78s?

                Maybe it is much like some of Perry Como's Christmas music that was on RCA Camden seems to come from older recordings that were on 78s, maybe very common to do.

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
                  In 1951, the rock era had not begun yet, so these would have a swing/big band beat. These may have been recorded in the 40's. "Deck The Halls" sounded 40s'ish to me.

                  Yes, I have seen almost all of the common soundalike labels on 78's.

                  ..... bbb

                  .>

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 1, 2010
                    So that's why "Deck The Halls" sounded flat. I got to listen to the others.

                    .>