Straight Shooter

  • John
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
      --The Mamas and Papas song "Straight Shooter"...is a pretty good
      song.
      I don't recall if it was an 'B' side but I enjoyed the album cut.
      I had not thought of the song at all..for quite awhile,,,but
      just reading the song title has the tune playing in my brain.

      John

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
        Yes, that is the B side of "Twelve Thirty", but somehow with the
        passage of time, has become the more remembered side.

        ..... bbb

        :

        > --The Mamas and Papas song "Straight Shooter"...is a pretty good
        > song.
        > I don't recall if it was an 'B' side but I enjoyed the album cut.
        > I had not thought of the song at all..for quite awhile,,,but
        > just reading the song title has the tune playing in my brain.
        >
        > John
        > -
      • Vicki
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
          Yes, I finally found it at Limewire late last night.....and gave it a listen.  I do remember it from much earlier days on one of their albums........in checking my notes, I see it WAS the B-side to "Twelve Thirty" on Dunhill 4099.....thought it was merely an album cut.   wicki:)

          John <indyjohn45@...> wrote:
          --The Mamas and Papas song  "Straight Shooter"...is  a pretty good
          song.
          I don't recall  if it was an 'B' side but I enjoyed the album cut.
          I had not thought of the song  at  all..for quite awhile,,,but
          just reading the song title  has the tune  playing  in my brain.

             John
          - In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki" <wicki92@...> wrote:

          > Looking for the following songs.......
          >
          > Mamas & Papas...........Straight Shooter
          > Mamas & Papas...........Strange Young Girls
          > Mamas & Papas...........The In Crowd
          > Joey Dee & Starliters...Hey Let's Twist
          > The Belmonts............Tell Me Why  (Dion & Belmonts??)
          >
          > Thanks in advance for any help on these.......wicki:)

          Yahoo! Mail

        • John
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
            --- Straight Shooter seemed like it had a harsher sound...than
            some of their more mellow songs(Once Was a Time_..for example.)..
            But some reason is stil a song I can recall..

            Now if I could just hesr the M&P's sing about 'Dancing Bear'.
            The last is certainly forgottren...but I know it recieved some
            airplay in the areas I lived.

            JohnIn billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, Vicki <wicki92@...> wrote:

            > Yes, I finally found it at Limewire late last night.....and gave
            it a listen. I do remember it from much earlier days on one of
            their albums........in checking my notes, I see it WAS the B-side
            to "Twelve Thirty" on Dunhill 4099.....thought it was merely an
            album cut. wicki:)

            > John <indyjohn45@...> wrote: --The Mamas and Papas
            song "Straight Shooter"...is a pretty good
            > song.
            > I don't recall if it was an 'B' side but I enjoyed the album cut.
            > I had not thought of the song at all..for quite awhile,,,but
            > just reading the song title has the tune playing in my brain.
            >
            > John
            > - In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, "Vicki" <wicki92@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Looking for the following songs.......
            > >
            > > Mamas & Papas...........Straight Shooter
            > > Mamas & Papas...........Strange Young Girls
            > > Mamas & Papas...........The In Crowd
            > > Joey Dee & Starliters...Hey Let's Twist
            > > The Belmonts............Tell Me Why (Dion & Belmonts??)
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance for any help on these.......wicki:)
            > >

            > The most EXCITING oldies group on Yahoo!!!!!

            > Hammonton nj Trivia

            Service.

            > ---------------------------------
            >

            > ---------------------------------
            > Yahoo! Mail

          • K PFEIFFER
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
              Hi Vicki, i have The In Crowd on Cd and Strange Young Girl on a record, which i won't be able to put onto a CD until the middle of next week. I can send you The In Crowd tomorrow morning if you don't have it already. Let me know. Karl in Cold Toronto.

              Vicki <wicki92@...> wrote:
              Thanks again to Pepper and Cliff!     wicki:)

              > I am getting "Tell Me Why" from a person at Sharing1....want to let
              you
              > know so you don't go to the trouble of sending that one......wicki:)
              >

              > > Looking for the following songs.......
              > >
              > > Mamas & Papas...........Straight Shooter
              > > Mamas & Papas...........Strange Young Girls
              > > Mamas & Papas...........The In Crowd
              > > Joey Dee & Starliters...Hey Let's Twist
              > > The Belmonts............Tell Me Why  (Dion & Belmonts??)
              > >
              > > Thanks in advance for any help on these.......wicki:)

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • John
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                ---Hi Carl.
                I am down here in much warmer Indiana,,and it will be 60+
                degrees on Thursday(it is 51 degrees right now..at 8:47 PM!)

                Through the years i have heard many great things about your
                city...but have never made it there,,,not even close.
                Think Spring..

                John

                In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, K PFEIFFER <kmpfeiffer@...>
                wrote:

                > Hi Vicki, i have The In Crowd on Cd and Strange Young Girl on a
                record, which i won't be able to put onto a CD until the middle of
                next week. I can send you The In Crowd tomorrow morning if you don't
                have it already. Let me know. Karl in Cold Toronto.

                > Vicki <wicki92@...> wrote: Thanks again to Pepper and Cliff!
                wicki:)

                > > I am getting "Tell Me Why" from a person at Sharing1....want to
                let
                > you
                > > know so you don't go to the trouble of sending that
                one......wicki:)

                > > > Looking for the following songs.......
                > > >
                > > > Mamas & Papas...........Straight Shooter
                > > > Mamas & Papas...........Strange Young Girls
                > > > Mamas & Papas...........The In Crowd
                > > > Joey Dee & Starliters...Hey Let's Twist
                > > > The Belmonts............Tell Me Why (Dion & Belmonts??)
                > > >
                > > > Thanks in advance for any help on these.......wicki:)
                > > >

                > The most EXCITING oldies group on Yahoo!!!!!

                > Hammonton nj Trivia

                Service.

                > ---------------------------------

              • Vicki
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                  I got them all now, Karl but thanks for offering:)  Vicki

                  Vicki <wicki92@...> wrote:
                  Thanks again to Pepper and Cliff!     wicki:)

                  > I am getting "Tell Me Why" from a person at Sharing1....want to let
                  you
                  > know so you don't go to the trouble of sending that one......wicki:)
                  >

                  > > Looking for the following songs.......
                  > >
                  > > Mamas & Papas...........Straight Shooter
                  > > Mamas & Papas...........Strange Young Girls
                  > > Mamas & Papas...........The In Crowd
                  > > Joey Dee & Starliters...Hey Let's Twist
                  > > The Belmonts............Tell Me Why  (Dion & Belmonts??)
                  > >
                  > > Thanks in advance for any help on these.......wicki:)

                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                • K PFEIFFER
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 1, 2006
                    Hi John, send some of that warm weather up here, It's so cold, my computer is freezing up.Karl

                    wrote:

                    > Hi Vicki, i have The In Crowd on Cd and Strange Young Girl on a
                    record, which i won't be able to put onto a CD until the middle of
                    next week. I can send you The In Crowd tomorrow morning if you don't
                    have it already. Let me know. Karl in Cold Toronto.

                    > Vicki <wicki92@...> wrote:  Thanks again to Pepper and Cliff!
                    wicki:)

                    > > I am getting "Tell Me Why" from a person at Sharing1....want to
                    let
                    > you
                    > > know so you don't go to the trouble of sending that
                    one......wicki:)

                    > > > Looking for the following songs.......
                    > > >
                    > > > Mamas & Papas...........Straight Shooter
                    > > > Mamas & Papas...........Strange Young Girls
                    > > > Mamas & Papas...........The In Crowd
                    > > > Joey Dee & Starliters...Hey Let's Twist
                    > > > The Belmonts............Tell Me Why  (Dion & Belmonts??)
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks in advance for any help on these.......wicki:)
                    > > >

                    > The most EXCITING oldies group on Yahoo!!!!!

                    >         Hammonton nj   Trivia

                    Service.

                    > ---------------------------------

                    Hammonton njTrivia

                  • John
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                      ---Your computer froze?
                      It must suffer from "Frost Byte"!

                      Groaner,,,,,

                      <kmpfeiffer@...> wrote:

                      > Hi John, send some of that warm weather up here, It's so cold, my
                      computer is freezing up.Karl

                      > John <indyjohn45@...> wrote: ---Hi Carl.
                      > I am down here in much warmer Indiana,,and it will be 60+
                      > degrees on Thursday(it is 51 degrees right now..at 8:47 PM!)
                      >
                      > Through the years i have heard many great things about your
                      > city...but have never made it there,,,not even close.
                      > Think Spring..
                      >
                      > John
                      >

                      > In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, K PFEIFFER <kmpfeiffer@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hi Vicki, i have The In Crowd on Cd and Strange Young Girl on a
                      > record, which i won't be able to put onto a CD until the middle of
                      > next week. I can send you The In Crowd tomorrow morning if you
                      don't
                      > have it already. Let me know. Karl in Cold Toronto.
                      > >
                      > > Vicki <wicki92@> wrote: Thanks again to Pepper and Cliff!
                      > wicki:)
                      > >

                      > > > I am getting "Tell Me Why" from a person at Sharing1....want
                      > let
                      > > you
                      > > > know so you don't go to the trouble of sending that
                      > one......wicki:)

                      > > The most EXCITING oldies group on Yahoo!!!!!

                      > > Hammonton nj Trivia

                      > Service.
                      > >

                      > > ---------------------------------
                      > >

                      > The most EXCITING oldies group on Yahoo!!!!!

                      > Hammonton nj Trivia

                      Service.

                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                        Toronto cold? Ha! You want cold? Come to Ottawa!
                        Brrrrrr
                        Vince

                        http://mail.yahoo.com
                      • John
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 2, 2006
                          --If you want cold...come to Indianapolis TODAY!
                          It seems so cold that my %$%#$% and &&^$$%^ fell off!

                          Chilly John

                          - In billybeartrivia@yahoogroups.com, Vincente Tobias
                          <vincente_ca@...> wrote:

                          > Toronto cold? Ha! You want cold? Come to Ottawa!
                          > Brrrrrr
                          > Vince

                          > http://mail.yahoo.com

                        • Vincente Tobias