Re: Toolbox Murders

  • goaliegurl33
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 11, 2009
      Toolbox Murders was actually a decent film. The acting was good and the uneasy feeling throughout the whole thing worked out perfectly. I'm usually not big on remakes but I feel Tobe did a nice job.

      --- In billjohnsononline@yahoogroups.com, Tom Barber <motman241@...> wrote:

      > One big problem I had with it was that it was so dark. And not moody and brooding-kind of dark. I mean it was hard to see because it wasn't lit. There were plenty of "jump" moments, but frankly I couldn't even be startled as I couldn't tell what the heck was going on. A guy dressed in black chasing someone barely lit in the blackness of a shadowy hotel.... yeah, pretty uneventful.
      >
      > I keep waiting for someone to make a good horror movie (scary, not gory) in broad daylight. Plenty of great classics did.
      >

      > To: billjohnsononline@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lordzero17@...
      > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:36:45 -0800
      > Subject: Re: [billjohnsononline] Toolbox Murders
      >

      > I found ToolBox to be "ok" but I saw a lot of potential in the sequel with tony todd signed on

    • Melissa
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 18, 2009
        It's been years since I have seen the Tool Box Murders I can't remember to much about what it's about other than it was rated 8 on my scale if a movie reach's 10 on my scale I will watch it over and over. It's good to know it's out on DVD i might look into getting it to see again..

        Toolbox Murders was actually a decent film. The acting was good and the uneasy feeling throughout the whole thing worked out perfectly. I'm usually not big on remakes but I feel Tobe did a nice job.

        --- In billjohnsononline@ yahoogroups. com, Tom Barber <motman241@. ..> wrote:

        > One big problem I had with it was that it was so dark. And not moody and brooding-kind of dark. I mean it was hard to see because it wasn't lit. There were plenty of "jump" moments, but frankly I couldn't even be startled as I couldn't tell what the heck was going on. A guy dressed in black chasing someone barely lit in the blackness of a shadowy hotel.... yeah, pretty uneventful.
        >
        > I keep waiting for someone to make a good horror movie (scary, not gory) in broad daylight. Plenty of great classics did.
        >

        > To: billjohnsononline@ yahoogroups. com
        > From: lordzero17@. ..
        > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:36:45 -0800
        > Subject: Re: [billjohnsononline] Toolbox Murders
        >

        > I found ToolBox to be "ok" but I saw a lot of potential in the sequel with tony todd signed on

      • jason stewart
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 19, 2009
          I really liked it. Possibly one of the few good horror films of the 21st century (so far). If it's possible for a remake to be called 'original' this actually does it! Funny, since the original Toolbox was actually seen as a bad ripoff of Hooper's TCM. Perhaps Hooper and company should have omited the 'remake' associations and perhaps titled it 'The Apartment Murders', 'Massacre with Tools' or even 'The Handyman Killer'. Too bad this film got overlooked back in '03. It really could've been Tobe's big comeback.

          It's been years since I have seen the Tool Box Murders I can't remember to much about what it's about other than it was rated 8 on my scale if a movie reach's 10 on my scale I will watch it over and over. It's good to know it's out on DVD i might look into getting it to see again..

          Toolbox Murders was actually a decent film. The acting was good and the uneasy feeling throughout the whole thing worked out perfectly. I'm usually not big on remakes but I feel Tobe did a nice job.

          --- In billjohnsononline@ yahoogroups. com, Tom Barber <motman241@. ..> wrote:

          > One big problem I had with it was that it was so dark. And not moody and brooding-kind of dark. I mean it was hard to see because it wasn't lit. There were plenty of "jump" moments, but frankly I couldn't even be startled as I couldn't tell what the heck was going on. A guy dressed in black chasing someone barely lit in the blackness of a shadowy hotel.... yeah, pretty uneventful.
          >
          > I keep waiting for someone to make a good horror movie (scary, not gory) in broad daylight. Plenty of great classics did.
          >

          > To: billjohnsononline@ yahoogroups. com
          > From: lordzero17@. ..
          > Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 17:36:45 -0800
          > Subject: Re: [billjohnsononline] Toolbox Murders
          >

          > I found ToolBox to be "ok" but I saw a lot of potential in the sequel with tony todd signed on

          Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free!