Adieu

  • Linda Mercer/Purebred Cat Breed Rescue
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007
      It is with a heavy heart that I write this post. Many of you have
      worked hand-in-hand with me personally in the rescue area. Some of
      you are like a good friends. Now I am saying goodbye and it is difficult.

      The past year has been one of needless turmoil in the purebred rescue
      community. Sadly politics and power plays stemming from one cat
      registry have taken their toll. As a result, effective today,
      Sunday, September 9, 2007 (at the conclusion of the Yuma transport),
      I am resigning from CFA Purebred Rescue (CFAPR), DBA Purebred Cat
      Breed Rescue (PCBR), and severing all ties with CFA as a fancier. In
      addition, I will no longer be involved in any form of cat rescue and
      will no longer be participating on any of the lists. This was a
      difficult and painful choice, not one made on the spur of the moment,
      but it is final.

      With my resignation, the current Board of Directors of PCBR will be
      voting to decide whether to dissolve that organization or not. If
      they do disband, it will be a great loss to the cats at risk now and
      in the future. Please do help them if you are able. To contact
      them, email the Secretary, Allison Lusby <alusby@...>
      . Also, if you are part of the Rescue Alliance West list, please
      support DeLynne Satimore (currently a member of the BOD of PCBR,
      Chair of the TICA Rescue Committee, and VP and Rescue Coordinator for
      Scottish Fold Rescue, Inc.) as she takes ownership of that list.

      It is noteworthy that PCBR has saved more than 5,000 cats since
      2004. Many individual fanciers from all three major cat registries,
      cat and dog rescuers, transporters, veterinarians, and other cat
      lovers have helped enormously and rightfully should be credited with
      making such a difference. Please accept my thanks to all of you who
      have put up with my postings, as well.

      In conclusion, let me say it has been an honor and a privilege to
      work with many of you. Your hard work and dedication are
      commendable. The cats at risk now and in the future are even more
      dependent on you at this time and I wish you all the best. I know I
      will never forget the good people I have met in rescue and how they
      have affirmed my faith in humanity.

      To all who have supported us with donations, transport assistance,
      etc., please accept my deepest gratitude. You did help make a difference.

      Linda

      Linda Pollack Mercer, M.D.