New to cycling

  • washcyclist
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2002
      Hi everyone!

      My friend and I have taken up cycling. In fact our goal is to ride
      the LA Marathon next year. We would like to find some local races
      just to practice riding on the streets and get the feel of what it
      will be like. Does anyone know of any local races (it will most
      likly be described as a "ride" because of our newbie status :)

      Thank you!
    • Peter Rudholm
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 7 9:28 PM
        Greetings Newbie Cyclists,
        I'm sorry to report that the LA Marathon Bicycle Tour
        is not a race, it is barely even a fun ride. This
        years "ride" was cut off after about 20 miles and as
        always speeds are kept way down. Save your money. I
        think one of the best ways to find people to ride with
        is by checking with your local bike shop. Bike shops
        usually know about what's happening in the local
        cycling scene. See ya out there!
        Peter

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/