HPV racing photos

  • Rick Paulos
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18, 2006
      Hi Dennis Grelk, et al,

      I took lots of pictures at the Human Powered Vehicle races this weekend at
      Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids that Dennis Grelk organized, race in and won
      some.
      Mostly I used Aaron Stiles' camera but I used my own memory chip for
      some. Forward this to your hpv lists.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/rickpaulos
      look for the HPV race folder.

      As always, I'll send the full size originals to anyone that asks. Include
      the file name.

      The top speed I observed during the streamliner 25 mile race (50 laps) was
      about 45 seconds per lap! That works out to just over 40 mph, maybe more
      since they weren't taking the shorter inside line all the way around. A
      bit faster than what regular bikes do at about 1 minute for the faster riders.

      I also uploaded 3 brief video clips at youtube.com
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nThJomJG2hc
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_d2oGlCI4s
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Utv4shbUEI

      zooom, they are so quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiet. Except for the passing TRAIN!

      Rick Paulos
      Cedar Rapids, Iowa