Re: [bikebuilders] Wheelchair + trike ?

  • djtcz@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 25, 2006
      David Bailey, former US National MX Champion, has been in a wheelchair for about 20 years.  He's back on 2 wheels.

      --
      Dan Timberlake

      From: "Ian" <unklian@...>
      Anyone have any ideas for making a trike,
      to suit a rider in a wheelchair ?

      Thanks.

      Ian

    • BARRY

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 27, 2006
          The subject came up on the RRT board.A young lady
          cyclist was injured in a crash,and is stuck in a wheelchair.
          I figured this would be a good place for suggestions.

        • jvarnell@tnsk.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 27, 2006
            I think there are 2 ways to design this bike with or without using the wheel chair to sit in.  You might want to look at the Automatic trans. that Ridly sells on there bikes.  Will this person be able to swing there leg over the bike or do they need a gap like a scoter to move the legs through.  These are some questions I would ask.

            John D. Varnell

            The subject came up on the RRT board.A young lady
            cyclist was injured in a crash,and is stuck in a wheelchair.
            I figured this would be a good place for suggestions.

            >  What are you
            considering?

          • Shane
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 29, 2006
              Ian wrote:
              Anyone have any ideas for making a trike,
              to suit a rider in a wheelchair ?

              Thanks.

              Ian

              Not sure if we can post attatchments but here's one that was posted to Chopper_tech for sale. There's more pics there if you're interested I can post 'em for ideas or whatever.....

              Later,
              Shane

              http://members.fortunecity.com/hippiesbikesite
              http://www.guitaralliance.com/cgi-bin/affiliates/clickthru.cgi?id=sarowray

            • mark scheidt

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 4 5:29 PM
                  In the Photos section,I think third row down,far right.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 6 5:39 PM
                    Or I posted them to the photo section on Bikebuilders too.

                    Shane