Monster Garage Welding Book

  • gwihnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004
      Quoting from the "How To Weld Damn Near Anything" book add,

      Quote: "The authors will tell you why you should never braze chrome-
      moly, or that two of the most common aluminum alloys can't be welded
      and what will happen if you try. They will then tell you how to
      solve the problem". Anybody got any idea of what they are talking
      about?

      Guy
    • Larry Thompson
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2004
        I think what they mostly talking about is selling books.(G) I just looked
        in a welders handbook and it says not to braze chrome moly "because it has
        grains which can open to molten brass and often cracks as a result of
        brazing". Don't know about the aluminum.
        Larry T