DaVinci Code

  • Jay K.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2004
      Jimminy Crickets!

      Been on a mini-vacation from work the past few days, and am now a third through the book, the DaVinci Code.  It is a novel . . . a work of fiction, no doubt, and I haven't read any of the criticism or the "hoopla" about the book (I'm saving that till I finish it).  However, this guy really researched his crap!  The story itself is merely a machine to shine some light on the Church Institutional and Triumphant (the "Mother" Church) -- a modern day parable that has the potential to be to Catholicism what Uncle Tom's Cabin was to Southern slavery.

      The author is accomplished, and often makes no effort to hide what part of his story is fact -- and which parts are fiction.  The story itself seems to be a puzzle -- which is interesting, because it's about "puzzles."

      Beach, I think you'll like it -- it has some interesting facts about early pagan beliefs -- some things you may know or not (it has been an eye-opener for me so far).

      I think it's required reading for the mind that seeks knowledge -- and likes "puzzles."

      JAy
    • Brad
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2004
        Figured he'd like it. I'd be interested to know how you feel at the
        end. I like the concept of the 'sacred feminine' he elaborates on.
        I've always been a fan of ladies and resent the way they've been made
        second classed citizens in so many cultures, including ours. They've
        been robbed! Long live Inanna.

        Peace to all,

        Brad

        --- In biguniverse@yahoogroups.com, "Jay K." <ketchlives@y...> wrote:
        > Jimminy Crickets!
        >
        > Been on a mini-vacation from work the past few days, and am now a
        third through the book, the DaVinci Code. It is a novel . . . a work
        of fiction, no doubt, and I haven't read any of the criticism or
        the "hoopla" about the book (I'm saving that till I finish it).
        However, this guy really researched his crap! The story itself is
        merely a machine to shine some light on the Church Institutional and
        Triumphant (the "Mother" Church) -- a modern day parable that has the
        potential to be to Catholicism what Uncle Tom's Cabin was to Southern
        slavery.

        > The author is accomplished, and often makes no effort to hide what
        part of his story is fact -- and which parts are fiction. The story
        itself seems to be a puzzle -- which is interesting, because it's
        about "puzzles."

        > Beach, I think you'll like it -- it has some interesting facts
        about early pagan beliefs -- some things you may know or not (it has
        been an eye-opener for me so far).

        > I think it's required reading for the mind that seeks knowledge --
        and likes "puzzles."

        > JAy
      • Brad
        Message 3 of 3 , May 16, 2004