Gophers defeat Drake

  • (R)uff-da!
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 1999
      15-7 15-8 15-7

      I didn't keep stats and the scoreboard was not displaying them either.
      However,

      Good news: a win.

      Bad news: Nicole may have set a new Gopher record for number of times
      blocked in a single match. At least ten times. Probably more. Toss in
      5-6 hitting errors and there's no way she was positive for the match.

      Good news: Gophers still won handily with their main offensive weapon
      having an off night. Nic also held up pretty well passing serve (and
      they were definitely targetting her). This will be a common tactic...

      Bad news: Steph Hagen has injured her ankle (in practice) and will be
      out for a couple of weeks.

      Good news: Charnette Fair played tonite, and was impressive offensively.
      Also gives Heather Baxter a chance to play.

      Bad news: Yvonne Wichert took a deflection (off Nicole) to the old kopf
      and was pretty much wooziness defined for most of the night.

      Good news: She rode her bike past me as I was walking to my car and
      seemed to be steering it straight and true.

      Bad news: she was still wearing her uniform and a t-shirt and may be a
      candidate for pneumonia.

      Good news: Linda Shudlick had a solid game blocking, hitting and
      passing. Lisa Axel started and passed serve well. Lisa Aschenbrenner
      played fairly well, as did Susan Shudlick.

      So-so news: Lindsey's had better games. Shelmadine had an assist.

      Tomorrow they fly out to Oregon, after flying back here from Hawaii.
      Yikes.