  • Jim
    Message 1 of 68 , Apr 1, 2013
      Good Morning!

      We are beginning at the bottom of page 145. Reading through to page
      148, there are many ideas that have been adopted by industry in
      general that are beneficial to helping alcoholics in the workplace.

      Paragraph 2 on page 148:

      "It boils down to this: No man should be fired just because he is an
      alcoholic. If he wants to stop he should be afforded a real chance."

      In evidence today are the multitude of EAP programs that direct
      alcoholics to recovery.

      Read to the bottom of page 149 - last paragraph:

      "Today I own a little company (The Honest Dealers Association).
      There are two employees (Jimmy B and Bill) who produce as much as
      five normal salesmen. But why not? They have a new attitude, and they
      have been saved from a living death. I have enjoyed every moment
      spent in getting them straightened out."

      That was the little automobile parts business that Hank ran and that
      Bill and Jimmy B. worked at. I don't suppose there was any
      exaggeration there? <wink>

      The last chapter before going on to Dr. Bob's story and returning to
      the beginning of the book is Chapter 11 - "A Vision For You" on page
      151. We'll begin there with our next post.

      Weekend retreats with Jim - visit:
      Message 68 of 68 , May 19

        Good morning everyone!

[...]

        Have a great day!

        Jim K. - The Into Action Group of Manhattan
        6:30pm Wednesdays at St. Francis De Sales Church
        135 East 96th Street (Near Lexington Avenue)
        On Manhattan's Upper East Side

        Weekend retreats with Jim: http://www.spiritualawakeningsretreats.com

        www.spiritualawakeningsretreats.com
        Select Talks. Topic discussions including spiritual living, what humility really is, displacing God, spiritual motive, and others.

        The Wilson House – The Birthplace of Bill Wilson - Weekend Retreats and Workshops -http://www.wilsonhouse.org/

        www.wilsonhouse.org
        The birthplace and childhood home of Bill W, founder of Alcoholics Anonymous in East Dorset, Vermont. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.